- All students can learn and experience success.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Learning occurs best when learners are engaged.
- The proper use of technology will enhance the learning process.
- Creative and critical thinking skills are essential to effective learning.
- Effective professional learning communities improve student achievement.
- The effectiveness of the teacher impacts student achievement.
- Literacy is the backbone to student academic success.
- Teachers must be content specialist.
- Effective planning leads to effective instruction.
- Students are held back when teachers have low expectations.
On Monday, March 30, 2015, Governor Nathan Deal signed into law a bill permitting former high school students who completed all coursework but failed to pass one or more portions of the Georgia High School Graduation Tests, the Georgia High School Writing Test or their predecessors to request a high school diploma.
Students' eligibility to receive a high school diploma pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 20-2-281.1 will be based on the graduation requirements in effect the year they first entered ninth grade. To be considered for a high school diploma, former students may complete this petition and submit it along with a copy of some form of photo ID by mail or in person. Petitions will also be made available in the office at OCHS.
Each petition may take several weeks to review.
College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI)
CCRPI is a comprehensive school improvement, accountability, and communication platform for that will promote college and career readiness for all Georgia public school students.
Oglethorpe County School System's CCRPI Report
CCRPI Board of Education Presentation